That awkward moment far far away.
Most relevant post on my Tumblr.
I am going to legitimately cry at this
I saw this in an interview, because it was held from them until they read it in script. Priceless!
*whispers* im a star trek blog and even i find this necessary to reblog
My favorite picture ever.
I love how Carrie is all “Oh sweet jesus that’s a twist!”
While Mark is like “YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
Season 1- Archidamian War, 431-421 BCE
Episode 1- War Were Declared
· Archidamias is a Spartan King
· Athenians are not sure how to approach war. Pericles convinces them to hide and to adopt the strategy of waiting it out. He brings everyone into the Long Walls (approximately 100,000 people.) They let the Spartans ravage and loot, burn etc.
· This happens from 431-425 BCE each summer.
· They can get food as long as they have free access to the sea (the Long Walls, of course, reach all the way to the harbour.) Pericles has the navy harass Sparta once and a while
Episode 2- Bring Out Your Dead!
· The Plague strikes, 430-426 BCE
· Approximately 30,000 people are killed by it. Documented well by Thucydides who lived during the Peloponnesian War and survived catching the Plague himself
· Disaster! Main Athenian character Pericles dies of the Plague in 429 BCE
· A power vacuum is created (who shall be the next Ring to rule them- wait a minute…)
Episode 3- To Kill or Not to Kill, That is the Debate
· Mytilenean Debate of 427 BCE
· Mytilenea revolted in Lesbos and Athens subdues it
· The Assembly must decide on what to do with the Mytileneans.
· Showdown! Cleon vs. Diodotus- Cleon: “Make an example of them! Kill the men and enslave the women and children. Burn the city!” Convincing speaker and the people agree to do that that very day.
In the morning, “OMG! We’re evil!”
Diototus: “We need to stop it!”, Cleon: “It’s awesome, let’s continue this.”
Athenians send a second ship to stop the first one sent out the day before. They just manage to stop them.
· But 1000 men identified as ringleaders of the revolt are killed still.